Paying the Application Fee and Deposit
The application fee and deposit can only be paid by check or money order in U.S. dollars (no credit cards) and sent by mail.
Paying Tuition and University Fees
For the Intensive English Program, General English Evening Course, and all Summer Programs, new students can pay tuition and required university fees only after taking the placement test and registering for classes with the student advisor. Tuition and university fees can be paid in the following ways:
- A check or money order in U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. bank
- Online payment at http://my.pitt.edu (click on PittPay Login)
- American Express, Discover Card, or MasterCard (VISA is not accepted at this time). There is an additional 2.75% service fee for all credit card payments.
- Online WEB eCheck using an American bank account
For TOEFL Prep and CCC, payment may be made by cash (in person) or by check; no credit cards.
- No refunds are given for Summer Programs or Community Education Courses unless the course is canceled.
- If you wish to drop one or more of your classes in the Intensive English Program, you should immediately inform both the ELI Admissions Officer in Room M13 of the Parkvale Building and the ELI student advisor, Stacy Ranson.
- If you drop courses before the end of the Add/Drop period, you will receive a full refund for the amount paid (minus the $300 deposit) and your bill will be canceled.
- If you drop courses after the end of the Add/Drop period, you will NOT receive any refund. Your bill from the University will NOT be canceled.
- Note: The Add/Drop period is when University of Pittsburgh students can add/drop classes they have registered for. The period ends one week after the first day of ELI classes.