- Director of English Language Institute
- Professor of Linguistics
- Center Associate, Learning Research Development Center
Education & Training
PhD, McGill University
MA, University of Durham
BA, University of London
- Juffs, A., & RodrÃguez, G. A. (2014). Second language sentence processing. New York: Routledge.
- Juffs, A., & Friedline, B. E. (2014). Sociocultural influences on the use of a web-based tool for learning English vocabulary. System, 42(2), 137-166.
- Juffs, A., & Harrington, M. W. (2011). Aspects of working memory in L2. Language Teaching, 44(2), 137-166. Juffs, A. (2009). Second language acquisition of the lexicon. In W. Ritchie & T. K. Bhatia (Eds.), The New Handbook of Second Language Acquisition (pp. 181-205). Leeds: Emerald.
- Juffs, A. (2005). The influence of first language on the processing of wh-movement in English as a second language. Second Language Research, 21, 121-151.
- Juffs, A. (1996). Learnability and the lexicon: Theories and second language acquisition research. Amsterdam, Philadelphia, PA: John Benjamins.
- Linguistic theory
- Second Language Acquisition
- Syntax and semantics
- Working memory and sentence processing